Posted on August 01 2020
(or at least your night out!)
There’s nothing better than a new pair of shoes: stylish slingbacks, a chunky nude block heel or a sexy pair of stilettos (yes please!). And if you’re anything like us, you’ll want to make the most out of them straight away. Well, we’ve got you girl! From how to break shoes in quickly to picking a comfortable pair, with the five tips below, you’ll be strutting confidently all night long!
1. Imagine this: it’s your best friend's birthday and you’ve finally found a perfect pair of heels to go with your new dress. Problem is, the party is tomorrow! To quickly break shoes in, bear with us, pop them in the freezer before your big night out. The coldness shrinks your feet temporarily so they're at their smallest when you put them on and will help your shoes mould to your foot for a night of maximum comfort.
2. Maybe the party is next week, so you’ve got a bit more time. If this is you, a great way to mould new shoes to your feet is to wear them around the house over your thickest, fluffiest socks (plus it will make you look fabulous even when unpacking the dishwasher - score!). When you take off the socks and slip them on your bare feet, it will be a dream fit. Bonus tip! For extra comfort apply a blowdryer to any pressure points to soften the material and allow your feet a bit more room.
3. If you’re anticipating a big night, maybe with a dance or two, taping your third and fourth toe together is a foolproof plan to avoid sore feet. Taping these toes avoids the nerve between them which means you can dance the night away!
4. This next tip is a favourite because it’s a great excuse to buy more shoes (as if we needed one!). Alternate shoes on different days to change pressure points on your feet. Your feet will thank you for this extra TLC!
5. Leaving the best for last, our favourite tip is to choose shoes that are designed with your comfort in mind - and we’ve got a little fashion secret to help you out. You can tell by the length between the heel and the sole, also called the pitch. If the pitch is longer, your feet won’t be on a sharp angle, making them much more comfortable. All Covet Shoes are designed with this in mind - we got you babe!